The National Security Workforce (NSW) team is working to build a dynamic and resilient career workforce who can work in partnership, across boundaries, and are willing, able and skilled to respond to an emerging set of priorities.
Sitting within the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet (DPMC), the NSW team works collaboratively across the various parts of the National Security sector, to design and deliver a workforce approach to meet the sector needs, now and into the future.
To meet these needs the team prioritises the recruitment, development and retention of the national security workforce, by enabling mobility and deployment to areas of greatest priority, building specialised skills, and developing leaders who think about their department and the broader Security and Intelligence Sector.
The team is funded by both the Security and Intelligence Board (SIB), and the Hazard Risk Board (HRB), who have assigned a set of five priorities to the team:
- Priority One: Attract and retain diverse and resilient talent (SIB assigned)
- Priority Two: Develop an agile, integrated workforce (SIB assigned)
- Priority Three: Instil and build leadership at all levels (SIB assigned)
- Priority Four: Create an integrated and cohesive community (SIB and HRB assigned)
- Priority Five: Enable professionalism of the workforce (HRB assigned).