Our Strategic Intentions summarise the five medium-term strategic priorities that we are aiming to achieve through the end of the 2021/22 financial year.
- Strategic Intention One - A proactive and responsive public service, helping shape and deliver the Government's priorities.
- Strategic Intention Two - New Zealand's systems and institutions of executive government are trusted, effective and enhance our nation's reputation.
- Strategic Intention Three - Our cohesive, risk-based national security system makes New Zealand stronger and more resilient.
- Strategic Intention Four - New Zealand is the best place in the world for children and young people.
- Strategic Intention Five - Christchurch is a dynamic, productive and inspiring place to live, work, visit and invest.
Our Strategic Intentions align with the Government’s priorities, which are:
- an economy that is growing and working for all of us
- improving the wellbeing of New Zealanders and their families
- making New Zealand proud.