DPMC is now a mid-sized agency of eight business units, with approximately 275 staff in Auckland, Wellington, and Christchurch. We have a unique role as the trusted advisor, leader, and steward of our system of executive government.
We are unified by an overarching purpose: to advance an ambitious, resilient and well-governed New Zealand.
DPMC's Chief Executive, Brook Barrington, reports to the Rt Hon Jacinda Ardern, the Prime Minister. The Chief Executive is supported by ten senior managers:
- Michael Webster, Secretary of the Cabinet/Clerk of the Executive Council
- Anne Shaw, Executive Director, Greater Christchurch Group
- Anneliese Parkin, Deputy Chief Executive, Policy
- Tony Lynch, Deputy Chief Executive, National Security Group
- Sarah Stuart-Black, Executive Director, Ministry of Civil Defence & Emergency Management
- Clare Ward, Executive Director, Strategy, Governance and Engagement Group
- Gregory Baughen, Official Secretary, Government House
- Geoff Short, Executive Director, Child Wellbeing and Poverty Reduction Group
- Carolyn Schwalger, Programme Director, NEMA Transition
- Kevin Burnett, Principal Advisor to the Chief Executive
The Clerk of the Executive Council and the Official Secretary of Government House report to Her Excellency The Rt Hon Dame Patsy Reddy, GNZM, QSO, the Governor-General.
The eight business units are: