Date published: 6 October 2018, The Press
OPEN FOR PUBLIC WRITTEN SUBMISSION YALDHURST RECREATION AND SPORTS FACILITY: PROPOSAL TO EXERCISE THE POWER UNDER SECTION 71 OF THE GREATER CHRISTCHURCH REGENERATION ACT 2016 to amend the Canterbury Regional Policy Statement and the Christchurch District Plan to rezone 466-482 Yaldhurst Road, Christchurch to Open Space Metropolitan Facilities Zone (the Proposal)
This Proposal will expedite the planning changes required for further development of the sports and recreation facilities at the Yaldhurst Recreation and Sports Facility at 466-482 Yaldhurst Road (known as ‘Christchurch Football Centre’). The intention is to create a sports hub for a variety of sports codes, which will be able to share the site resources. This development will contribute to the regeneration of sport and recreation facilities in greater Christchurch by providing facilities to replace some of those lost or damaged in the Canterbury earthquakes and to cater for an identified additional demand.
Pursuant to section 68 of the Greater Christchurch Regeneration Act 2016 (GCR Act) the Minister acting for the Minister for Greater Christchurch Regeneration, invites written submissions on the Proposal to exercise section 71 of the GCR Act to amend:
The Canterbury Regional Policy Statement to:
- Change Chapter 6 Recovery and Rebuilding of Greater Christchurch (including Policy 6.3.1, the Principal reasons and explanation, and the Anticipated environmental results) to provide for a metropolitan recreation facility at 466-482 Yaldhurst Road, Christchurch; and
- insert a new definition of Metropolitan recreation facility in the Definitions for Greater Christchurch.
The Christchurch District Plan to:
- change Planning Map 29 and 30 to rezone 466-482 Yaldhurst Road, Christchurch legally described as Lot 1 DP 78059, Lot 2 DP 511394 and Lots 2 and 4 DP 64235 from Open Space Community Park Zone to Open Space Metropolitan Facilities Zone;
- insert site specific rules for the Yaldhurst Recreation and Sports Facility site at 466-482 Yaldhurst Road, Christchurch into the Open Space Metropolitan Facilities Zone provisions in Chapter 18 – Open Space;
- delete site specific rules for the Yaldhurst Recreation and Sports Facility site at 466-482 Yaldhurst Road, Christchurch from the Open Space Community Parks Zone provisions in Chapter 18 – Open Space;
- amend an existing policy and insert site specific rules for the Yaldhurst Recreation and Sports Facility site at 466-482 Yaldhurst Road, Christchurch into Chapter 7 – Transport; and
- make changes to Appendix 18.11.4 Yaldhurst Recreation and Sports Facility Development Plan.
The Proposal may be inspected on the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet’s website at: www.dpmc.govt.nz/yaldhurst-sports-facility and copies are available for inspection at: Christchurch City Council service centres and libraries, and the main office of Selwyn and Waimakariri District Councils from Tuesday, 9 October 2018, during normal business hours.
Written submissions on the Proposal must be made to the Greater Christchurch Group of the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet by no later than 5pm, Monday 5 November 2018.
Written submissions may be made online at: http://www.dpmc.govt.nz/yaldhurst-sports-facility
Or emailed to: email@example.com
Or posted to:
Section 71 Proposal: Yaldhurst Sports Facility
Greater Christchurch Group
Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet
Private Bag 4999
Hon Nanaia Mahuta
Minister acting for the Minister for Greater Christchurch Regeneration