Below is a template advice sheet that can be downloaded and edited for items submitted to the Executive Council (including for Orders in Council/regulations).
The advice sheet must be:
- addressed to the Governor-General (unless the Governor-General is overseas, in which case it is addressed to the Administrator of the Government)
- in the name of the Minister responsible for the legislation (but can signed by any Minister by writing “for” next to the title)
- printed on heavyweight 'goatskin' buff paper.
Advice sheets should be delivered to the Cabinet Office on the Friday prior to the meeting.
Refer to the following pages for more information
- The Executive Council role in the regulations process
- Developing and making regulations
- Template for a paper seeking authorisation to submit regulations to the Executive Council
- Submitting regulations to the Executive Council
- About the Administrator of the Government
- Advice for Ministers attending Executive Council meetings