This section sets out the process for Executive Council (EC) and the range of documents that are required, including:
- the process for regulations that go to EC after confirmation by Cabinet, and the accompanying documentation
- the process for items that go directly to EC
- the role of the Administrator of the Government
- advice for Ministers attending EC meetings
- publishing regulations in the New Zealand Gazette (the Gazette)
- the Seal of New Zealand
Advice on the process for other documents for the Governor-General’s signature is contained in the section on appointments.