Minutes of Cabinet and Cabinet committee decisions are prepared and published by the Cabinet Office once the submission has been considered by Cabinet or a Cabinet committee.
Once a minute associated with a paper has been published in the submission folder in CabNet, the submission status becomes considered by committee (considered by Cabinet for Cabinet submissions).
Cabinet committee decisions are reported to Cabinet in a Report of Committee. The Report of Committee is generally considered at the next Cabinet meeting following the Cabinet committee meeting.
Contact the Cabinet Office if you have any questions about the content of a minute.
Report of Committee minutes
For each item in the Report, Cabinet will either:
- confirm the minute of the Cabinet committee
- this is recorded in the Report of Committee minute (listed in CabNet on the Cabinet meeting that the Report of Committee was considered)
- amend the minute of the Cabinet committee – new or amended decisions replace the minute of the Cabinet committee. Sometimes this may involve deferring the item or referring it back to a committee for further consideration.
- when a minute from Cabinet is issued that replaces a committee minute, both the committee minute and the Cabinet minute are accessible in the committee paper’s submission preview in CabNet.
Generic submission states with sequence of published documents
- Final draft – this status indicates that the paper has been submitted by an agency to the Minister, and is ready for Ministerial approval.
- Lodged – indicates that the paper has been lodged following approval by a Minister, and is ready for the preparation of the Cabinet Office summary and consideration by the relevant Cabinet committee or Cabinet.
- The published draft agenda for the meeting is published.
- Published – indicates that the Cabinet Office summary has been prepared, and the paper and the Summary have been published.
- The Cabinet Office summary is published (or alternatively after the final agenda is accessible)
- Confirmed on committee/Cabinet agenda – indicates that the paper has been confirmed for consideration by a Committee or Cabinet.
- Considered by committee/Cabinet – indicates that a decision has been taken by a committee or Cabinet.