Working Groups and committees
The ODESC governance boards are supported by a number of multi-agency Working Groups and committees. Committees are typically longstanding while working groups are usually formed as required to concentrate on a specific issue.
Membership of committees and Working Groups depend on the nature of the issue under consideration.
Committees reporting to the Security and Intelligence Board:
- Counter-Terrorism Coordinating Committee;
- National Intelligence Coordination Committee;
- Mass Arrivals Prevention Strategy Steering Group;
- Major Events Security Committee.
Committees reporting to the Hazard and Risk Board
- Maritime Security Oversight Committee;
- National Exercise Programme;
- National Agencies’ Incident Management Reference Group;
- New Zealand Search and Rescue Council.
Further details of Working Groups and committees can be provided on request.
For more information download the National Security System Handbook (PDF, 1.11 MB)